St Joseph’s Parish came to existence in the year 1944, encompassing about 30-40 families. Rev. Fr A Fernandes who was visiting the town once in a month was also assisting the people with the sacraments. In 1946, the then Bishop of Mysore, Dr. Rene Feuga laid the foundation stone for building of a church. The construction completed and blessed in the 1962.